printing, CUPS and options

Craig craig5 at pobox.com
Wed Dec 19 02:49:29 GMT 2007

I have a samba print server working just fine.

I would like to make all printers automatically collate.

I can do this with no problem from unix:
	lpr -o Collate=true

Also, I can add the following to a <printer> block in
printsvr:/etc/cups/printers.con:
	<Printer someprinter>
	Option Collate true
	</Printer>

When I print from, say, my desktop, multiple copies are printed
collated. However, it doesn't seem to work from a windows client.

Since it seems to work from unix clients, I think the "problem" is with
samba.

Not sure what other info you need...

CentOS 5.0
cups 1.2.4
samba 3.0.23

samba config is pretty much just like what is described at:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/CUPS-printing.html

Specifically,
[global]
   workgroup = WKGRP
   server string = Samba Server
   security = user
   load printers = yes
   printcap = cups
   printing = cups
   cups options = raw
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 50
   dns proxy = no

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = yes
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = yes
   public = yes
   writable = no
   printable = yes