"Faking" an AD Join.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Dec 18 23:14:40 GMT 2007

Okay, another one...

Other than 'security=server', is there any way to perform authentication
against an Active Directory Domain Controller if the admins won't allow me
to join my machine to the domain?

I'm thinking not, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

If security=server is the only option, then I still need a mechanism for
mapping IDs, possibly based on username alone (or the Domain/Username
combo).  That mapping would need to be stored somewhere (OpenLDAP?) so that
it is consistent across multiple servers.

What insight can people provide?

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org