[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-2-test updated - initial-v3-2-unstable-713-g7a911b3

Tue Dec 18 21:42:27 GMT 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 09:53:44PM +0100, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
> > Are you willing to do this?
>
> Well, I could. However, I'd have to know more about how do you
> want to operate on cache entries to be certain that current API
> is enough to support both caches.

I think so far what is put in cache.h is pretty much what is
needed. The enum cache_number is there to conveniently have
different data sets in the same cache. I want to have
everything in the same cache so that I have a consistent
view over how much is cached overall to be able to shrink
appropriately. memcache_flush is there for the getpwnam
cache. A traverse operation might be added later if needed.

I did explicitly not put in a timeout value, because the use
cases I found so far do revalidation or would never expire
anyway.

Volker