Evaluating Windows Security Descriptors.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Dec 18 19:33:36 GMT 2007

So...  Let's say I've got a file system that can store (one way or 'nother)
Windows style Security Descriptors with all of the CACLs and DACLs and SIDs
and such-like.

Having that information isn't very useful unless I can enforce Windows-style
access controls (through a custom VFS layer).  My question:  Is there code
in Samba4 that can interpret (and, therefore, enforce) Windows access controls?

This all goes back to a question I asked several months ago about building a
VFS layer that could store, access, and interpret Windows ACLs.

Chris -)-----

--
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem"    ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/    -)-----     Christopher R. Hertel
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/    -)-----          crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/   -)-----             crh at ubiqx.org