remove doschar_table[] ?

simo idra at samba.org
Sun Dec 16 14:34:56 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 22:25 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 06:05:14AM +0000, simo wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 00:35 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > > Hi, Simo!
> > >
> > > Last time I did this you objected, but I forgot your
> > > argument, sorry. Can you comment on the attached patchset?
> > > (and push it if you agree?)
> >
> > I think it had to do with performances, and the fact that the "slow"
> > method is *really* slow.
> >
> > But I have to get some sleep, will take a look tomorrow.
>
> Yes, but the slow method is only invoked on setup *once*

If it is only *once* then yes, I will check again later, but I think I
remember the previous patches didn't make this happen only once. Maybe
this new set do.

> and if valid.dat can't be mmaped. It's an initialization
> cost so it's perfectly fine to pay it.

Systems that do not support mmap do not bother me at all :)

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat Inc. <ssorce at redhat.com>