[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch v3-0-test updated - release-3-0-28-24-geaaf5c7

Thu Dec 13 07:03:52 GMT 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:55:57PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Can we get rid of those checks?
>
> The problem is get_global_sam_sid() smb panic's
> if it fails, and it always fails when run as non-root.

Hmmm. get_global_sam_sid() should not fail when not running
as root then :-)

I know this is a larger change, but "our" sid should really
not be secred, we hand it out anonymously to the network via
lsa. Thinking more...

Volker