Remove unused stuff from winbindd

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed Dec 12 15:05:22 GMT 2007

simo schrieb:
>>> Except for this which I'd like to revive soon.
>> What means soon days/weeks/month ?
>
> Not sure yet.
>
>> I'm currently converting the winbindd internal messaging to the NDR
>> based protocol and I it's pointless to convert code that's not compiled
>> at all.
>>
>> I agree the feature would be really usefull and we should readd it,
>> the question is just, does that happens before or after 3.2.0.
>> If you plan that for 3.2.0 then I'll leave it in otherwise
>> I'd propose to reimplement it on top of the new NDR based protocol.
>>
>> I hope to get the NDR based stuff ready for 3.2.1.
>
> I am still wondering why all this fuss with NDR, can we have some
> performance tests before we switch ?

yes, I've already added a WINBIND-STRUCT-PING test (and a
WINBIND-NDR-PING in a git branch).

And for client -> wb-parent -> client the struct based protocol is
better as we just pass zero buffers, but for client-> wb-parent ->
wb-child -> wb-parent -> client the NDR based one is faster.

I'll add more performance tests with other calls, when they're supported.

metze