Should we do a alpha2 now?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at
Fri Dec 7 22:29:24 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 16:58 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 09:46:02PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > I'm wondering if we should make a Samba4 alpha2 before, or after the
> > python merge?
> > The code is churning a lot recently, and it's only going to be worse
> > once we merge in the python code.  I'm wondering if we might be better
> > off making a release now, particularly now that MMC Active Directory
> > Users and Computers (ADUC) is better behaved? 
> I'd really like to see the Python code make it into a release, but I
> can understand if you'd rather not wait for it. 

Perhaps Python and CTDB can be great features for alpha3, perhaps in
time for

> > Perhaps we could do the GIT conversion just after that release?
> That really should happen after the Python stuff has been merged -
> otherwise I lose all metadata I need for a merge that is in bzr
> at the moment.

Sounds like a very good reason not to move yet.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett
Authentication Developer, Samba Team 
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url :

More information about the samba-technical mailing list