Should we do a alpha2 now?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at
Fri Dec 7 15:58:47 GMT 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 09:46:02PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I'm wondering if we should make a Samba4 alpha2 before, or after the
> python merge?

> The code is churning a lot recently, and it's only going to be worse
> once we merge in the python code.  I'm wondering if we might be better
> off making a release now, particularly now that MMC Active Directory
> Users and Computers (ADUC) is better behaved? 
I'd really like to see the Python code make it into a release, but I
can understand if you'd rather not wait for it. 

> Perhaps we could do the GIT conversion just after that release?
That really should happen after the Python stuff has been merged -
otherwise I lose all metadata I need for a merge that is in bzr
at the moment.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 307 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url :

More information about the samba-technical mailing list