[RFC] Less testing?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Aug 31 11:45:07 GMT 2007

Hi,

At the moment we test each and every RPC interface over all the
transports over which it can be accessed and using several
authentication methods.

The different transports and different authentication methods already
have their own tests, so I don't really see the point in doing so - it
just slows down 'make test'. Originally this wasn't much of a problem,
but now that we're at 999 tests in total, I think it's time to trim.

I would like to only run transport-related tests (RPC-SECRETS, RPC-ECHO,
RPC-AUTHCONTEXT, RPC-MULTIBIND, etc) over multiple transports and with
different authentication methods and run the other tests (RPC-WINREG,
RPC-SVCCTL, RPC-NETLOGON, etc) over just one transport (ncalrpc?) and
with simple authentication.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Jelmer