[SAMBA4] SWAT2 maintainer?

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mwallnoefer at yahoo.de
Fri Aug 31 06:49:52 GMT 2007

Hi all!

I would prefer if we separate SWAT 2 from the main branch (like the GTK+ stuff). We should create a separate branch and find a person, who develops it. Otherwise, if there isn't some interest I don't know at the moment if we should progress.

Matthias

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> schrieb:My concern is that I don't see that happening at the moment - indeed,
should we include it in the alpha?

I *really* like the interactive LDB browser, but do we just give our
users false hope if we demo something that just doesn't have the
developers behind it to bring it to a conclusion?

Alternately, is there another web-based LDAP browser we could encourage
users to use (such as phpLdapAdmin)?

On the flip side, should we make this aspect of SWAT an external project
- it would seem useful well beyond Samba4, why lock it up?  Perhaps it
could attract more and useful developer attention elsewhere?