Samba as a PDC - Windows Vista

Jeff acuralegend at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 05:42:19 GMT 2007

I do not have a Windows 2000/20003 DNS server in place. Without the SRV
entries I added to the BIND 9 server I was recieving the following error:

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location
(SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain
MYDOMAIN.NET:

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.HOMENET.LOCAL

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV record is not registered in DNS.

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child
zone:

HOMENET.LOCAL
LOCAL
. (the root zone)

--
Keep it real! Fakin the funk is not an option