[proof of concept] libwbclient.so

Thu Aug 30 07:59:25 GMT 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 05:24:09PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> I've posted a pair of files for discussion (error code returns,
> naming conventions, etc...) at
>
>   http://www.samba.org/~jerry/srv/libwbclient/
>
> It's by no means complete or final.  Just something to talk
> about so we can get a general agreement.

One main question for me is: How much of the winbind pipe do
we want to expose via an API that we stick to in the future?
For example, what about the DC lookup routines that gd has
added recently for his krb5 locator plugin? How do we handle
changes here? Is that library similar to the Linux kernel
syscall API (never remove anything)?

Volker