Bug in LSA lookup names in 3.0.25b/c, bugzilla 4801

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Tue Aug 28 14:27:41 GMT 2007

Hey Jerry,

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>> I notice that Windows uses level 6 across a cross-forest
>> trust, which from memory are not transitive to domains outside
>> the foreign forest.
>>

> Windows 2003 forest trusts are transitive.  Was a new
> feature available when the forest functional level is
> set to "Windows 2003".

They are transitive within the forest but not to others according to:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/3215e730-c1a7-4918-bc9e-67f343f89e611033.mspx?mfr=true

"The transitivity of forest trusts is limited to the two forest
partners; the forest trust does not extend to additional forests trusted
by either of the partners."

That was what I meant above :-)

cheers,

-- Luke