winbindd problems after upgrading to 3.0.25c

eje4 eje4 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 27 18:39:00 GMT 2007

> "nsswitch/winbindd.c: request_len_rec(554)
> request_len_recv: Invalid request size received"
>
> A google search reveals that many other Samba users have had similar
> errors,
> but unfortunately I have not been able to find any mention of a fix for
> this
> problem.  Has anyone here seen this error before?  What can be done about
> it?

Firstly can you check that the nsswitch library has been
correctly replaced. If you're sure it has then this patch
might be of interest.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-cvs/2007-August/079269.html

Thanks very much for the suggestion, but precisely which nsswitch library
are we talking about here?  Is this is library that is supposed to be
replaced by the installation of the new version of Samba, or is this a
library that requires me to update it separate from the Samba installation
process?

Also, I tried rebooting as per Volker's suggestion but it did not help the
problem.

Thanks,