winbindd problems after upgrading to 3.0.25c

eje4 eje4 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 27 17:43:14 GMT 2007

I just recently upgraded from Samba 3.0.22 to 3.0.25c, and as I soon as I
upgraded and restarted Samba I immediately started getting huge amounts of
these error messages in my Samba log:

"nsswitch/winbindd.c: request_len_rec(554)
request_len_recv: Invalid request size received"

A google search reveals that many other Samba users have had similar errors,
but unfortunately I have not been able to find any mention of a fix for this
problem.  Has anyone here seen this error before?  What can be done about
it?

Thanks very much,
Eric