"Wishlist" for SAMBA 4 Alpha 1

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 27 02:53:26 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 10:18 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> This is now my personal "wishlist" of bugs that should be fixed before
> the first alpha is released. I find it a good idea to release the first
> alpha in two weeks so there is paid more attention to the work done in
> SAMBA 4. I've tried to add only the most essential parts that should'nt
> be to hard to fix. Please give feedback!

Looking over the whole list, here are my comments:

> Bugs:
> - 4284 Null Dacl denies access in samba in contradiction to windows

Awaiting a testsuite.

> - 4521 smbclient crashes during tab completion when tab hit twice

I can reproduce this, but I have no idea what's going wrong.

> - 4820 User Manager for Domains - Error message
> - 4892 ADUC: Group policies
> - 4893 Some valgrind things

Fixed.

> - 4918 Missing "everyone" user object

Fixed.

> Features:
> - Winbind in a stable and usable stage

Unlikely.

> - Hopefully also the "regwrite" backend stable merged back

The registry just landed.

> Additional:
> - Bug 4891 Better compatibility with other LDAP products - To fix a bit
> up the LDAP backend if possible and not too match time consuming

I might try and look into this.  However, if those tools are trying to
do schema introspection, we might have a challenge presenting data for
both them and AD.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.