Patch to GETDCNAME winbindd request to tolerate windows failure when NETGETANYDCNAME fails

boyang yyyeer.bo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 13:45:20 GMT 2007

hi, Guenther:
       I had to apologize for a delay of about 2 months before providing
the patch to enhance GETDCNAME winbindd request.
       I am sorry that I misunderstood the upstream and thought another
upstream is this upstream.
       So I thought I had provided the patch but actually I didn't.
       Quite sorry, again. I am quite sorry to make such a stupid mistake.

       Pls review the patch for 3_2_0.

      When windows DC in some unknown situation, the getanydcname fails,
but getdcname succeeds. Thus, when getanydcname fails, we can try
getdcname to get the DC name.

        thanks!

best
           regards