svn commit: samba r24640 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: scripting/libjs setup

Andrew Kroeger andrew at sprocks.gotdns.com
Fri Aug 24 11:06:43 GMT 2007

simo wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 01:57 +0000, abartlet at samba.org wrote:
>> Author: abartlet
>> Date: 2007-08-24 01:57:54 +0000 (Fri, 24 Aug 2007)
>> New Revision: 24640
>>
>> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=24640
>>
>> Log:
>> Add a suggested BIND configuration snippit, to help with DNS configuration.
>>
>> When we sort out GSS-TSIG on the server, we can expand this to have
>> the 'right stuff'.
>
> Andrew, I have a perfectly working GSS-TSIG enabled bind server, let me
> know how I can help you with getting up to speed with bind conf.
>
> Simo.

Simo,

Could you please post details as to your GSS-TSIG configuration?

I have been fighting with the Samba 4/BIND integration WRT dynamic
updates.  I have been forced to manually add/delete records from my
zones (not critical, but I'm trying to mimic the MS AD behavior) as I
join/drop Samba 4 AD membership.

If we continue to assume that Samba 4 will not be directly integrated
with some variant of the BIND code (as the current provisioning code
presumes) but will rely on an external DNS implementation (which is
probably representative of a majority of Samba installations), I'd like
to play with it even before it gets into SVN.

If you can provide me with the details of the configuration you have,
I'd be more than willing to "kick the tires" a bit and see how it
behaves as I finalize the patch I posted earlier.

Thanks,

Andrew Kroeger