Are we ready for a Samba4 alpha?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Aug 24 06:25:46 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 08:13 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I wanted to ask if there is also the new registry backend ready, because
> the old one seems to have some bugs. So I didn't test the old one when
> the new one was under development. I've seen a new branch, but when will
> the changes be backported to main SAMBA_4?

Hopefully before the alpha.  As otherwise I have to hack on that to make
it secure...

> I didn't perform testing in the SWAT 2 because it seems very incomplete.
> Is there a plan to continue the development of it?

Yeah, I have to say that for all the energy that was put into SWAT2, it
seems to have stalled.  I intend to at least make the LDB browser work
for alpha1, but for anything else I'm involved in (like the provision
and migration code), I'll be using the old-style form-submit code.  I
think we will have both for a long time to come.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.