[patch] Fixes for bug 3639, Comments on the same line as parameters in smb.conf are not diagnosed or honored

Mon Aug 20 08:02:35 GMT 2007

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 10:01:01AM -0400, David Collier-Brown wrote:
>   This is a fix for the long-standing bug which caused in-line comments
> to be mistaken for parts of a parameter, which I'm fixing as a "Samba
> janitor" task (;-))
>   Both samba 3 and samba 4 patches are attached.

I'm not sure I like this change. This will inevitably break
existing configurations. I know that the current behaviour
is not optimal, but it's there and I think it is about to
stay.

Volker