Failure in Samba 3 mkproto at SVN revision 24542.

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Sat Aug 18 16:35:00 GMT 2007

   On a make from clean or distclean of this revision, I get the
following diagnostics:

Building include/proto.h
creating
/export/home/davecb/projects/samba/SVN/samba3/source/include/proto.h
gawk: script/mkproto.awk:118: (FILENAME=libgpo/gpo_ldap.c FNR=867)
fatal: cannot open file `libgpo/gpo_parse.c' for reading (No such file
or directory)

This is followed by a compile error the first time proto.h is
used, due to an unclosed #ifndef

And, indeed, there is no libgpo/gpo_parse.c file, nor do I see one
in the svn web.

The error can be overridden by removing libgpo/gpo_parse.o from
the Makefile, but I assume that's not the real fix...

--dave
(416) 223-5943