Bug in DFS code ion SAMBA_3_2_0

Fri Aug 17 20:56:49 GMT 2007

Hi, Jeremy!

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 09:35:12AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Ok - then we're good to go for 3.0.25c. This is probably
> the unix_convert issue Volker already knows about.

Now I know at least what it is: In case of failure we need
to copy back the already converted part of the path to the
parent. Right now we don't do that, and for a "good" API I
would much rather see that we give that back as in a
separate argument. The fix I put in broke other tests, as in
some parts during the unix_convert loop over the path
components it seems that I did not yet fully understand the
loop invariants of the variables dirname, start, end, name
etc. If you can't stand it, feel free to look at it,
although I would in the end like to nail it my self. But not
tonight anymore, it's 11pm here.

Volker