svn commit: samba r24465 - in branches/SAMBA_3_2_0/source/libsmb: .

Wed Aug 15 20:07:27 GMT 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 03:59:26PM -0400, Derrell Lipman wrote:
> Yes, this is always done.  The code this replaces already sorted DENY before
> ALLOW and commented that such was required.  The documentation I found today
> also says it's supposed to be like that.  Additionally, inherited ACEs are
> supposed to come after non-inherited ones according to the docs.
>
> There's no mechanism in libsmbclient for stating that "I know what I'm doing
> so don't sort these for me" but since most users won't know what the sort
> order is supposed to be, we're better off sorting according to the docs.
> Remember that this is emulating the xsetattr() interface.  It's not a native
> interface to the SMB protocol.

Well, I don't want to play devil's advocate here, but there
is precedence for bad things happening (did anybody say
NFSv4 ;-)) if people look at the Windows ACL documentation
and not THOROUGHLY test what's going on. I'd be a lot
happier if this sorting did not happen behind the scenes but
within a separate service routine.

Volker