Samba 3.01 and vissta clients, dont see H: home folder

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Aug 13 22:18:57 GMT 2007

Hello List,

We have been using K12LTSP at our school for 5 years now. The file server
is FC4 Samba 3.0.1, It has worked flawlessly . Now with purchasing some
Vista( Business edition) workstations,none of the clients( Vista) are
seeing the H: home folders as the Windows 2000 and XP workstations are
seeing them. School is about to start and I am scrambling. I have
security=ADS. I have done the hack to a couple Vista workstations with
changing the Net Logon LAn man from NTLM2( default) to both NTLM & NTLM2.
This did not fix my prob.
How can i troubleshoot this? I can Map a drive on Vista and I can see the
contents of the logged on person's home folder, and saving the " reconnect
at login again" after the workstation is rebooted I have to " remap the H:
drive again on each client,so something is screwy"( technical term)?...
I've searched here but have not found a how to on how to trouble shoot this.
Will I have to update to Samba 3.0.25 to make this work, bottom line?

Thanks,

Take Care

Barry Cisna