GPOs with current Samba 3??

Matt Schwartz mes5048 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 10 13:52:23 GMT 2007

Unfortunately, no it is not possible.  Samba 3 only supports being a member server in an AD domain.  What you can do is create some administrative templates with poledit.exe.  This will approximate many of the features of GPOs.  After creating the administrative template, drop the file into a netlogon share.  You may want to reference the handbook.  I also recommend searching for howtos on creating custom administrative templates.