Somebody help me to find where is source code(file) tocapturefollowing information in samba4

David Holder david.holder at erion.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 07:21:30 GMT 2007

Jerry,

> You know we already have the client code for this in Samba 3 right?
No I didn't know. I couldn't find support for dynamic updates or secure
dynamic updates in 3.0.25b. Where should I look? I know that there is
the WINS hook but this calls an external script and was not what I had
in mind.

Regarding the server side, Samba4 would benefit from a name server with
GSS-TSIG support. Then it will be able to create all of its standard
resource records automatically (and securely) just as a Windows DC does
using DDNS. At present the Samba4 provision script creates zone files
which have to be manually added to a name server. So I assume that
GSS-TSIG support in BIND would be useful.

Thanks,
David
Dr David Holder CEng MIET MIEEE

Erion Ltd, Oakleigh, Upper Sutherland Road, Halifax, HX3 8NT

Reception: +44 (0)1422 207000

Direct Dial: +44 (0)131 2026317

Cell: +44 (0) 7768 456831

Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 3521142
VAT Number: GB 698 3633 78