[Samba4] Porting idmap to Samba4

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Wed Aug 8 12:50:11 GMT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 03:10:12PM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've bumped into the missing idmap support in Samba4 while working on my
> Summer of Code project. So far I'm getting along by just faking the id
> mapping, but that's not a long term solution of course.
>
> Does it make sense at all to port Samba3 idma to Samba4? Would it make more
> sense to rewrite it?

I think many parts will eventually be ported to avoid reinventing the wheel
especially since this area turned out to be complex and painful in the
past. My guess is that it may be wrapped into a bit different calls to be
more like samba4 flavour. Even though samba3 code is getting closer and
closer to that.

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak