dbench cleanup bug

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Aug 8 00:11:09 GMT 2007

Steve,

 > Both Shirish and one of our testers has, and the newer version of dbench
 > from the download site (by the way, I like that version much better)
 > does not appear to make a difference for the open file - but adding a
 > wait before the client process deletes the files does.

then please look at why, don't just add a wait.

The delete of a file is always done by the same process that has the
file open, so sleeping before the delete will make no difference as to
whether the file is open or not.

If the wait causes dbench to work better with cifsfs then I suspect a
bug in cifsfs.

Cheers, Tridge