dbench cleanup bug

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Aug 7 23:47:52 GMT 2007

Steve,

 > Some of our testers noticed that dbench (even Tridge's most current
 > version)

have you tried the most recent bzr version? Grab it here:

  bzr branch http://samba.org/~tridge/dbench

it no longer uses system("rm -rf");

 > Any thoughts about whether dbench should be changed to sleep a few
 > seconds before the cleanup phase starts (or add an option to sleep a few
 > seconds- there already is an option to skip cleanup)?

sleeping won't make any difference. We could add code to force the
close of any open files before it starts cleanup, but sleeping will no
nothing as each child process operates on its own directory, so a
sleep won't change which files are open when they are deleted.

Cheers, Tridge