Samba4 alpha soon?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 7 22:47:49 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 08:59 -0500, Matt Schwartz wrote:
> Nice idea.  What if you could bump NetBIOS browsing to alpha1 because this might be a nice thing to have sooner than later?

The way that things work in reality is that the feature lists are things
I/we expect to have by the time of that alpha, not a goal I can convince
anyone else to work on.  As such, NetBIOS browsing will keep getting
bumped until someone puts up their hand and implements it (probably not
me).

On the other hand, that's why the Active Directory (one off) migration
stuff is on there for alpha2 - it doesn't look *too* hard to do, on top
of metze's work.  Similarly for much of the other bits of recent
progress, it's mostly been small tasks on top of the infrastructure.