msdfs on 3.0.25b - incorrect PATH_NOT_FOUND on deep links

Jan Martin Jan.Martin at rwedea.com
Tue Aug 7 15:15:19 GMT 2007

Jeremy,

> I'm pretty sure I've already fixed this
> in the SAMBA_3_0_25 codebase.
Now, after being able to check out the current SAMBA_3_0_25
(circumventing our firewall) I tested its behaviour.
I'm sure that your patch is sufficient and Samba returns
a proper PATH_NOT_FOUND even if the file is missing, but would be
local.

> I still return early after the unix_convert
Agreed, that was not my concern. I just was not sure whether
it's sufficient to return NT_STATUS_OK (instead of the original
PATH_NOT_FOUND error) at the end of dfs_path_lookup()
if something in the path is missing and there is no DFS link.
But it's working.

Thank you very much for your help.
Now I can start to describe the third (and last) one of my msdfs
problems ...

Jan Marin