[SAMBA4] we should create just one test environment

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 30 09:49:25 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 11:39 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> we have already make testenv SELFTEST_TESTENV=member
>
> we can make that the default for make testenv...

But then it doesn't match how we run the tests otherwise.

My point is that I don't want to have to constantly wonder:  what test
environment did we declare for this test, what test environment did it
get, and what is 'make testenv' giving me?

I really just want one setup, and I don't mind the extra smbd or member
server configuration if it ensures that all the tests run against a
consistent set of servers.

If we are only going to give the tests the environment they declare, are
we going to start up/shut down environments between tests?

http://samba.org/~abartlet/