Rev 11999: Start converting provision to python. in file:///home/jelmer/bzr.samba/python/

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Sun Apr 29 15:24:35 GMT 2007

Brad,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 01:28:02PM -0600, Brad Henry wrote:
> Hi Jelmer,
>
> Is this intended to replace the existing EJS provisioning tool in Samba 4?

I think so. Though it's not been explicitly announced, python environment
is more convenient way to do some of the things provisioning does. Since
I thought about putting much of provision functionality into libnet, we
had a discussion at SambaXP about how should we do it. It's not certain
yet, however, how the mixture of libnet and python will look like.

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org