Restrictions on invocationID?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Apr 29 09:40:42 GMT 2007

Metze:

I'm trying to implement the cn=configuration container against LDAP.
Currently, it doesn't work because we fix the invocationID *and*
objectGUID of the cn=NTDS Settings,cn=$COMPUTER... record to be a
'fixed' random value (ie, not generated by the LDAP backend).

OpenLDAP objects to us setting it's entryUUID values.  My questions is:
does the invocationID need to match the objectGUID on that entry?

(If so, I have to create the record, then add the invocationID to match
what OpenLDAP generated for the objectGUID (based on entryUUID)).