Issue with PAC and des-cbc-crc

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Apr 27 12:55:07 GMT 2007

Love,

I've been chasing down the issue raised on samba-technical, where kinit
from Heimdal 0.6.3 does not pass against Samba4.

The issue is that in getting a TGT, we create and sign a PAC.  But the
test in pac.c:

pac_checksum():819
    if (krb5_checksum_is_keyed(context, cktype) == FALSE) {
	krb5_set_error_string(context, "PAC checksum type is not keyed");
	return EINVAL;
    }

Fails, because crc isn't a keyed checksum.

Does windows just blindly create a PAC for these keytypes, or not send a
PAC, or should we just fail more gracefully?

For some reason, the error string doens't make it to the client or the
logs, just 'invalid argument'.