testing depending on perl in Samba 3?

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Apr 25 20:32:14 GMT 2007

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> I'd like to port across the test system in Samba 4 to Samba 3. ...
> However, it would be necessary to depend on perl in Samba 3 for
> 'make test' to run. Is that a problem?

In general, not a problem for Stratus VOS.  The usual configure rules
apply; don't assume you know what directory holds perl (it will be in
one of the PATH directories but those directories are not the same as on
Unix/Linux systems).  Try to stick to standard perl features and not use
any recently-added features.  We are on perl 5.8.0; not ancient but not
all that new, either.

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Sr. Technical Consultant
Stratus Technologies, Inc., Maynard, MA 01754 USA