Samba 3.0.25rc2 error in libsmbclient.so

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Fri Apr 20 13:20:22 GMT 2007

Hello,

We are trying to compile samba_3.0.25. ./configure, make, make
install all seems to work and runs without any errors.
The problems starts when we try to use libsmbclient.so.
We have a program that links with libsmbclient.so and after upgrading
from SAMBA_3_0 revision 18029 to "Version 3.0.25rc2-SVN-build-22402"
I get lots of different error messages similar to "undefined
reference to `smbc_open'" when I compile our program.

We did a test program and compared our old libsmbcilent.so with the
new one. It basically opens it (using dlopen) and searches for a
symbol (using dlsym) for example "smbc_open". The test program
succeeds in opening both files, but it will only find the symbols in
the old one.

I've included our test program called sotest.