libsmbclient access to Vista shares

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Apr 8 02:08:41 GMT 2007

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 09:22:28PM -0400, derrell at samba.org wrote:

> I've never had a MSDN license so I don't know what that includes.  It sounds
> like it'd be useful to have to be able to test some of these things.

Access to all the Windows operating systems. We all
use it to create VMware libraries for test environments,
except for Jerry, who undergoes the ultimate sacrifice
of actually having to run Windows as his desktop (god,
I remember those evil days :-).

Although it might be to do with using his "lifestyle accessory"
with the white earplugs - not sure :-) :-).

> See my previous message, though.  My tests yesterday were bogus because the
> test program was using some old libsmbclient library that was laying around.
> Hopefully, everything "just works" (tm) now with all of the recent changes.  I
> suppose I wouldn't count on it, though.  That's a bit too much to ask.

Well we've all got to have a dream :-). Maybe it'll
all "just work" (tm) ! :-).

Jeremy.