libsmbclient access to Vista shares

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Sun Apr 8 01:17:36 GMT 2007

derrell at samba.org writes:

> I had my first opportunity, yesterday, to test libsmbclient against Vista.
> It's broken.  We can not enumerate nor access Vista shares.  I was using code
> from trunk as of Thursday night.  This will likely affect konqueror and
> gnome's browser, so it'd be nice to get it fixed.

I just discovered, to my horror, that the examples don't link with the
libsmbclient library in source/bin; instead they dynamically link with
whatever is in /usr/local/samba/lib/libsmbclient.so.  So much for a meaningful
test. :-(

It's possible that the work that has already been accomplished in making Samba
interoperate with Vista has fixed the problems.  I'll need to get back to an
environment with Vista access to test it again.

That kinda sucks.  It means that I wasted that entire day of testing.
Live and learn, I guess.

Derrell