incorrect event for ComboBox in samba4's swat.module.ldbbrowse

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Thu Apr 5 21:35:42 GMT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 08:16:34PM -0600, John Jorgensen wrote:
> I think that in Samba4's
> webapps/swat/source/class/swat/module/ldbbrowse/, the dbFile button
> should be associated with the  "changeSelected" event instead of
> "changeSelection" (qx.ui.treevirtual.TreeVirtual uses
> "changeSelection", but qx.ui.form.ComboBox uses "changeSelected").

I'm sorry but I don't really see event "changeSelected" being used
in ComboBox. Could you point me somewhere to the source code ?

changeSelection event is dispatched by more widgets than just TreeVirtual.
If you tested your change with default configuration it could have worked,
because at the moment combo box itself does not dispatch "changeSelection"
event as there's only one element on the list (which makes impossible
selecting something else). This way introducing custom event - that's what
you're doing in dispatchEvent call - and handling it may work.

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org