svn commit: samba r22049 - in branches: SAMBA_3_0/source SAMBA_3_0/source/include SAMBA_3_0_25/source SAMBA_3_0_25/source/include

McCall, Don (GSE-WTEC-Alpharetta) don.mccall at hp.com
Wed Apr 4 12:59:42 GMT 2007

Hi Jeremy,
Attached is a diff -u of includes.h  that will fix the problem.
The issue is that we don't have openldap installed on any of our
internal build machines, only ldapux (which comes with HPUX).  So we
need the ber_tag_t and ber_int_t typedefs in includes.h.
BUT on systems that have both products (ldapux integration product, AND
openldap), the typedefs that we use conflict with the typedefs in the
openldap product. We never ran into this internally, because we don't
have openldap installed on our production build machines. I modified the
typedefs in the includes.h so they are consistent with the openldap
typedefs, so now we just get a warning instead, and the build proceeds.

REALLY, what we should do is modify the configure.in so that we can
specify WHICH ldap implementation to use, perhaps add an optional
component in configure, as libiconv does, to indicate where build
processing looks for ldap dependent stuff. For example,
"--with-ldap=/usr/local/openldap".  Problem is we'd still need to get
rid of the typedefs in the include/includes.h if we configured with
openldap, and I don't know how to do that.
If you have any ideas, I'd be glad to try to implement this.

In the meantime, this diff should allow samba_3_0 to build on the build
farm when openldap and ldapux are both installed.

Hope this helps,
Don

SAMBA_3_0/source/include SAMBA_3_0_25/source SAMBA_3_0_25/source/include

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 05:46:40AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher
wrote:

> jra at samba.org schrieb:
> > +*/
> > +#ifndef ber_tag_t
> > +typedef unsigned int ber_tag_t;
> > +typedef unsigned int ber_int_t;
> > +#endif
> > +#endif /* HPUX */
> >  #ifndef LBER_USE_DER
> >  #define LBER_USE_DER 0x01
> >  #endif
> >

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> this broke the build :-(

http://build.samba.org/?function=View+Build;host=hpisgr8;tree=samba_3_0;
compiler=gcc

Don - knock knock - can I get a HPUX fix asap please !

Jeremy.