svn commit: samba r22020 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: auth include lib smbd

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Apr 4 02:12:58 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 20:35 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > Are you happier about these now we keep the cache
> > as a copy?
> >
> > The only talloc_steal left is to grab the specific
> > member from the result, and free the rest a couple of
> > lines below, as commented.
>
> Not really.  But I'll review again.  Does your change fix
> a specific bug?  Besides the initialized pointer you fixed,
> I can't really see any obvious fixes.  Just changes.

I think the getpwnam cache is now cleaner avoiding talloc_reference, and
doing a tcopy_passwd instead.  Having a magic cache, using
talloc_reference() I think caused confusing behaviours.  Because callers
are not expecting a cache, they would be entirely within their rights to
talloc_steal() parts of the the results, but this would break the
cache.

The bug I was actually trying to fix is that I suspected that not
everything was being cleaned up when a session terminated.  I was hoping
to make this simpler, with talloc taking over from the manual cleanup
system.