Observation/Question on use of NTSTATUS in the Samba4 code base

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Apr 4 01:16:24 GMT 2007

Krishna,

 > No, SAMR is NTSTATUS.  Others are WERROR, but it is still a minority,
 > and it is the historically less implemented pipes (other key NTSTATUS
 > pipes include NETLOGON and LSA).

Just to expand a bit on Andrew's answer, I've noticed in the past that
for some Win32 calls, the user API uses WERROR, but the underlying
call on the network uses NTSTATUS. So it is possible that you have
seen calls that are WERROR in the documemtation, but which are
NTSTATUS from the point of view of Samba (where we deal with the
underlying network calls).

Cheers, Tridge