Bug in run_events()

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Apr 3 05:37:45 GMT 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 11:14:12PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Guys,
>
> The current run_events() in the samba-3.0.25 tree claims to
> run all events but currently does not as it breaks out at
> the first event that is not ready to run ignoring any
> remaining events in the list.
>
> I've tested the attached patch with some other changes
> to winbindd_cred_ccache.c and it fixes the krb5 ticket
> refresh bug I'm seeing.
>
> Comments?
>
> Note that resetting the iterator at the end of the
> processing loop could cause us to rescan previously
> future events, but this is the same behavior as we
> had previously when relying on the event to remove
> itself from (and possibly re-add itself to the list).

There's certainly a difference in the way this is
being used from smbd/process.c, and the main loops
in nsswitch/winbindd.c and nsswitch/winbindd_dual.c

I think we need to ensure we're using this consistently
everywhere - it's a complex enough API that we need
to fully understand how it should get called in both
our main daemons.

Jeremy.