CIFS move request failing

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sat Sep 30 01:10:34 GMT 2006

SMB_COM_MOVE does not work. SMB_COM_COPY doesn't work either [1]. As a
general rule, you want to take a capture of a MS client (preferrably
Windows 2000 or above) doing whatever operation you want and then
emulate that.

There are a number of inaccuracies in the cifs draft documents. At this
point the cifs drafts are pretty useless (don't even get me started
about the "Technical reference" document). At this point, Ethereal is
all you should be using.

Mike

[1] Obviously some of these commands worked at one time and they may
still work if the planets are aligned correctly (e.g. use ASCII and
limit behavior to that of some specific client like OS2). But in general,
don't do anyting MS doesn't do.

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SSO