[SAMBA4] Time for another tech preview?

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Fri Sep 29 21:14:46 GMT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 08:17:34AM -0700, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 08:47 -0400, derrell at samba.org wrote:
> > Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> writes:
> > 
> > > When we met at the CIFS conference, there seemed general agreement that
> > > this was a good time to do a TP, but nothing much happened.  I would
> > > like to push this forward myself, or hear good reasons why we should
> > > not.
> > 
> > Andrew, I expect to have the basic JSON-RPC server framework in place during
> > the next week.  Right now, what's in the tree is fragments of code, but
> > nothing directly usable.  If you can wait a week or so, there may be something
> > else (hopefully) useful to add to the announcement.  (Then again, it's not
> > critical functionality, so it could also just go into TP4 next
> > fortnight/month/whenever.)
> I'm very much looking forward to that.  However, I'm thinking now might
> be a good time to grab a stable version, and do another TP when we have
> the various new GUI bits merged.

Absolutely agree here. I have some bits of code pending in the commit
queue I started to fill during the conference. As I've been busy this
week (with helping in someone's phd...) I'm hoping to make it up the
next few days.

Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/attachments/20060929/996db9aa/attachment.bin

More information about the samba-technical mailing list