[SAMBA4] Time for another tech preview?

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Fri Sep 29 12:47:14 GMT 2006

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> writes:

> When we met at the CIFS conference, there seemed general agreement that
> this was a good time to do a TP, but nothing much happened.  I would
> like to push this forward myself, or hear good reasons why we should
> not.

Andrew, I expect to have the basic JSON-RPC server framework in place during
the next week.  Right now, what's in the tree is fragments of code, but
nothing directly usable.  If you can wait a week or so, there may be something
else (hopefully) useful to add to the announcement.  (Then again, it's not
critical functionality, so it could also just go into TP4 next
fortnight/month/whenever.)

Cheers,

Derrell