AIX Testers Needed.

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Thu Sep 28 15:06:12 GMT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan (metze) Metzmacher" <metze at samba.org>
To: "William Jojo" <jojowil at hvcc.edu>
Cc: <samba at lists.samba.org>; <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: AIX Testers Needed.

> Hi William,
>
> > It would be really nice to have some more AIX machines in our
build-farm!

> >> How many? I'm adding 8 more CPUs and 16GB to our 560 Saturday (which is
one
> >> of many reasons my AIX patches are way behind)
> >
> >> I can create you a .4 entitled VIOC (presented as 2 VCPU with SMT, so 4
> >> logical CPU) with 2 GB memory. How much disk does it need?
>
> 1GB free disk would be nice, but 2GB memory isn't needed 512MB would do
> it really fine.
>
> It would be nice to have each production release of AIX in the farm.

Ok, so 512MB it is. How about a 5.2 and 5.3 system? Just need some specifics
on rootpw and any other specifics that are important. I can get those
systems rockin' next week for you. (Gotta find my later 5.2 CD's for virtual
support, but the 5.3 I can do immediately)

http://build.samba.org/?function=View+Build;host=oehmesrs6k;tree=samba_3_0;compiler=cc
> > the problem here is known, the pidl generated files are commited to the
> > svn tree without using --uint-enums and the cc compiler rejects to
> > compile enums with negative values...
> >> Which cc compiler? I'll look it up.
>
> I don't know, it's AIX 5.2
>
> but with the --uint-enums flags it build fine on samba4...,
> so we could workarround.

That's a gcc option, correct? and you're compiling with cc?

I'll have to svn the samba_3_0 tree and try it here to get the specifics.

Cheers,

Bill