Prevent from heavy loading from samba server in embedded system

colin colin at realtek.com.tw
Thu Sep 28 05:19:25 GMT 2006

Hi there,
How to prevent from heavy loading from samba server?
Our embedded device can record video to DVD disc and HD and if there are
samba connections consuming too much CPU, HD, and RAM at this time,
recording may fail.
I have some ideas to prevent from this condition:
    1. Cut off the samba connections when recording. This will make users
feel very bad.
    2. Restrict the samba connection number. This embedded device is mainly
for household network.
    3. Lower the flow rate of samba connections. Thus the client
applications won't encounter file operation error.

Does Samba support any kind of above-mentioned facilities?

Regards,
Colin